GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Tranny Fluid change at 123K Miles?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  spartus 
#1 ·
My better instincts says don't do it. My curiosity says do it. I know some of the fluid has been replaced when a tranny cooler line rotted out and had to be replaced. Thoughts?

2010 V6 LTZ

#5 ·
What does the fluid look, smell like? You have a trans stick right?

Shouldn't be an issue...I might hesitate if the fluid smells burnt or the fluid is real dark color and even than the boat has sailed, so why bother?

I'd be happy to have paid more to have a stick in my 19 :nerd:

#6 ·
To me it would depend how long you are going to keep it.
If you are going to sell or trade it in the next 6 months to a year, let it be.
If you want to keep it longer, I would do a couple of drain and refills.

Reactions: Crankme69
#7 ·
Do it . The 4-5 qts that come out on a plug pull is worth it. No matter if your gonna sell it or keep it a functioning trans. is what matters. It's only a partial drain and if the trans. was gonna blow it was any going to anyway.

Reactions: Crankme69
#9 ·
So yesterday I checked the fluid. It's still pink, doesn't stink, and was full. So I decided to leave it be. I know i lost some fluid some years ago when one of the cooling lines rotted out. I know they replaced some fluid. So I go to pick up the wife yesterday and sure as **** the trans felt like it slipped a bit. Then it did it again today. Not horrible but it was noticeable. Hopefully it's nothing but we'll see I guess. Anyone ever put in an additive to their transmission?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.