GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2019 Overhead Console

12K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bhwinsc 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience removing the overhead console from a 2018 or 2019 Nox? My nox does not have the HomeLink, so I ordered the OEM part to swap out my consoles, but cannot find anything on removing the console.

#3 ·
xTooltipElement

Service Information Home Publications Number Search New Bulletins Bulletin Search Feedback TIS2Web Help
Related Documents Global Labor Time Guide: Roof Console Replacement

2019 Chevrolet Equinox | Equinox, Terrain Service Manual N America, Israel, MidEast - except Caribbean 11761365 | Body Hardware and Trim | Instrument Panel and Console Trim | Repair Instructions | Document ID: 4562243
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roof Console Replacement

Object ID: 4562030Click here for detailed picture of the image.
Roof Console Replacement Callout
Component Name

Roof Console

Note: Any glue removed during the removal of the console does not need to be reapplied.

Procedure
 1. Grasp the roof console on both sides and pull down to disengage the clips.
 2. Continue to lower the roof console rear end first to clear the front tabs.
 3. Disconnect all electrical connectors.
 4. Transfer components as necessary.

Y

#4 · (Edited)
You have to pull hard. There's just clips that hold it in place. Might try to pull the back side (sun glass compartment) down first and use a screw driver to pry the rest of the clips out. I have bought the replacement overhead console with the Homelink on it. But there is no plug for the transmitter. There has to be a way to get power to the transmitter some how.

#5 ·
I too miss my GM Chevrolet Homelink. One would think the options would be the same between corporate brands but I didn't find that out until I went to program the buttons in my Terrain SLE with the convenience package. Oops. I'm a senior and I was thinking of ordering the SLT console as you have but you're stating there isn't any power there. Please let us know if you get it figured out! Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.