GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Oil filter location? 2018 Equinox 2.0T

17K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  arcee 
#1 ·
Where is the oil filter located and is it easily accessible without lifting the vehicle? I'm due for my first oil change soon and as I've done with previous vehicles, I want to put a mark on the filter to be sure it was changed. Thanks in advance for the advice.

#3 ·
We get 4 FREE dealer changes on NEW vehicles, let them find it.

#4 · (Edited)
You missed my point. I want to mark the filter to be sure they actually change it. I've done that on all my previous vehicles, and a couple of times over the years I've discovered the filter was not changed during service. According to the 2018 Equinox brochure "TWO maintenance visits (oil and filter changes, tire rotations and multi-point vehicle inspections" are included at no charge.

#12 ·

Actually Howard the original post mentioned his concern with technicians not changing the filter also. Myself I addressed that point but, I hear what your saying. If posts are irrelevant, they will simply go quiet and find there way off the page. Now I am done re-activating this post too :wink:

#13 ·
I have a 2016 with a 3.6 BUT I am curious as to where and how hard it is to change the filter as my next potential vehicle will be a new Equinox with the 2.0 as I do my own oil changes AFTER THE FREE ONES. Post number 2 showed the filter location on the engine but it does not show how bad the vehicle frame, oil lines, coolant hose, etc. is blocking access to the filter in real life. That is what I was hoping to read here. The filter on my Equinox's 3.6 is not too bad, but the filter on my 2017 Colorado's 3.6 is an insert from above and is tricky to manuever around wiring harnesses and a/c lines. The engineer's picture of the engine sitting on an engine stand means nothing in real life. I mentioned in other posts that I was waiting for the Blazer. Blazer is here and way too expensive for my needs. I do not like the Ford Escape or the Ford Edge so Equinox will probably be my next vehicle with the 2.0 with the hilly terrain we have in my region. So how bad is changing the oil filter in a 2.0?

#17 ·
I did not see any info on the location of the oil filter - only a discussion of how many free oil changes come with the vehicle, I got my one free oil change for the dealer. Now, I want to change my own oil. I have a 2019 Equinox with the 1.5L engine. Please advise.

Thanks, Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.