GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2019 won't recognize flashdrives

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  victorvdc 
#1 ·
I've only had one work and even then it oddly only recognized the mp3 files, not the majority of files that are wma files. I've tried a few drives now... even reformatted one. No luck.

I don't get it. I've owned various cars since 2008 that played flashdrives with no problem (other than shuffle not being comprehensive enough).

Any suggestions??

#5 ·
wma files are not included in the list of acceptable file extensions in the manual.

The system also only supports FAT32, NTFS, and HFS+ file systems.

Windows will rip cd tracks to mp3 format (wma may be the default, but you can change it to mp3 before ripping from the cd.)

As long as you have a FAT32 formatted drive filled with mp3 files, you should be good to go.

#6 ·
You can use Apple iTunes to rip in .mp3 even if you don't use an iPhone. It's a great database for music collecting and is good about finding the tag list and album art for most CDs. Be sure to set the import format and quality you want before you get started. I use the 320kbps quality setting for my collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.