GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Prices Paid for Terrain

319K views 249 replies 142 participants last post by  garagerog 
#1 ·
When you purchase your Terrain, please take a minute to reply to this thread so we can see some real world prices and deals that members are getting on their Terrain purchases. If possible, follow the template below to make each post easier to follow and compare. Thanks guys!

Purchase Date
Car Dealership incl city/state
Model Year
Trim Level
MSRP
Invoice
Incentives received
Price Paid after incentives

#2 ·
October 3, 2009

2010 GMC Terrain SLT1 AWD Onyx Black

MSRP: $32,795.00 CND

Extra's\Destination\ AC Tax: $7,485.00 CND

Invoice: $40,280.00 CND

Incentives: GM Loyalty ($1000.00), Student Program ($800.00), Cash For Clunkers Trade In ($1500.00)

Total: $36,980.00 CND (approx $35,162.00 USD)

#3 ·
Purchase Date: Oct 30 09
Car Dealership incl city/state : Long Island ,NY
Model Year: 2010
Trim Level : SLE-1 AWD Carbon blk
MSRP : 26,940
Invoice: ?
Incentives received : 1,450.00 off sticker plus 1,500 in rabates !
Price Paid after incentives : 25, 940 includes tax

#4 ·
Purchase Date 11/25/09
Car Dealership incl city/state Gunn GMC San Antonio, TX
Model Year 2010
Trim Level SLE 2 (Sunroof, 18" Wheels, Remote Start)
MSRP $28,080[/color]
Invoice $26,867
Incentives received $1,000 GM Loyalty, Credit Union Member Supplier Pricing (21,700), $500 cash back for waiving 60 day money back guarantee
Price Paid after incentives $25,600[/color] + TTL

#5 ·
I've heard the plants will be closed for 2 weeks for the holidays. Does anyone know when the terrain/nox supply will meet the demand? I am looking to buy in feb or march, but definitely do not want to allow the dealership to have the upper-hand in this economy.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

#6 ·
If the demand is there, I'm sure GM will be happy to keep plants open. Ultimately, selling cars means making money. From what I've been hearing at my local dealerships, Terrain demand is very steady.

As for what I paid:

Terrain SLT1, AWD, 4Cyl, Merlot (Red)
- Options - Power Lift gate, security cargo cover - $710.

After all was said and done -- $33,900 ($CAD) + GST. Final bottom "all-in" line invoice price $35,595.

#7 ·
Purchase Date - December 5, 2009
Car Dealership incl city/state - Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Model Year - 2010
Trim Level - SLT-2 (options: V6, AWD, 19" wheels, premium paint, trailer tow package and rear security cover)
MSRP - $40,855 (plus GMPP extended warranty)
Invoice - about $200 less than MSRP
Incentives received - $1,000 GM loyalty
Price Paid after incentives - a lot

Mobius... don't know how you got your SLT-1 AWD for $32,795!! The SLE-2 I test drove was worth that!

#8 ·
Terrain said:
Mobius... don't know how you got your SLT-1 AWD for $32,795!! The SLE-2 I test drove was worth that!
Haha, I think it's just the way I broke it down. Our sheet said the MSRP was $32,795.00, but after options (security cover, tow package, rear DVD ect.) it ended up over $40,000, which is pretty close to the price for your SLT-2

#9 ·
Purchase Date Dec 5
Delivery date mid to end January
Car Dealership incl city/state Carroll GMC Halifax, Nova Scotia
Model Year 2010, Altantic Blue Metallic with Jet Black Premium Cloth
Trim Level SLE-2 Convenience Package
Heated Seats Incl. Remote Vehicle Starter System Incl.
Trailer Towing Package
4 Pin Harness Connector Incl.
Trailer Hitch Receiver Incl.
Rear Cargo Security Cover

MSRP 34,040 Canadian
Invoice
Incentives received 1000,00 Holiday special
Destination $1,350
Price Paid after incentives 33,600 Canadian
I'll have a better break down after I take delivery of my new ride.

#10 ·
Purchase Date 12/28/09
Car Dealership incl city/state: Ron Carter Autoland in Alvin (Houston area) TX
Model Year 2010
Trim Level SLE-1
MSRP 24,995
Invoice ?
Incentives received: 1K off coupon, plus 500 off for waiving 60 day money back deal.
Price Paid after incentives: Drive out price (incl. tt&l) plus window tint 22,757.87-500 cash down=22,257.87

#11 ·
Order Date: 11/7/09
Deliver Date: 1/11/10
Randy Bowen, Chandler, OK
2010 Terrain
SLE-2 + 18" Wheels + Carbon Black + Convenience Package (heated seats/remote start) + DVD
Paid $28,000
Unfortunately all incentives had expired.
However, very happy well worth more than that.

#12 ·
I assume thats a SLT-2..Is it a 4 cylinder?? Seems like a real good price for an SLT-2..Did they knock off anything from the Sticker Price>>MSRP......I have a SLT-2 ordered everything but..19" wheels..tow pkg..DVD player and cargo PKG..I included the Nav Pk,,and 18" wheels..just about everythingelse is standard..the V6..not written in stone yet but over $30,000..

#13 ·
It's an SLE-2. There is 4 levels SLE-1, SLE-2, SLT-1, and SLT2. The difference from an SLE-1 and SLE-2 is that you can add options and it comes with premium cloth seats and a few other little details. It was almost $1000 off MSRP. Yes it is the I-4

#14 ·
OK my mistake..Thanks for clearing that up........... :)

#15 ·
I purchased my SLT2: V-6, 19" chrome wheels, trailer package from Della GMC in Queensbury N.Y on 12/29/09. I took the only Terrain on the lot to take advantage of the sales tax credit that expired at the end of December.
Sticker price was $34,495.
Discounts and rebates included: $1595 dealer discount, $500 for not taking 60 day satisfaction guarantee, $1000 loyalty rebate, $1617 GM points, approximately $700 federal sales tax credit = $5412 total discount off sticker price (Paid $29,083 plus sales tax after all discounts)

The Terrain was a color that I liked (Cyber grey), but had three options I did not need (19" wheels, V-6, trailer package), but an ordered vehicle without the options would have cost more (The $500 for not taking the 60 day satisfaction guarantee and $1000 loyalty rebate ended on 1/4/10. Also I would have lost the $700 sales tax credit and there has been a $300 increase on the base price of the Terrain).

#17 ·
Purchase Date: 1/18/10
Car Dealership incl city/state: Stokes-Trainor in Newberry, SC (about 30 miles away from us)
Trim Level: SLT1 with Sunroof, Nav, Rear DVD, Cargo Mgmt., Power Liftgate
MSRP: $33,185
Incentives received: none :(
Dealer wouldn't budge on the price since I pushed them up pretty high on our trade, but judging by gmc.com, it was already a little less than their site quotes the same build at.

So far I'm loving it! and glad that this forum exists, already gaining some good info. thanks!

#18 ·
Just found this forum! First post

Purchase Date 12/28/09
Car Dealership incl city/state: Chapdelaine, Lunenburg, MA
Model Year 2010
Trim Level SLT-2, FWD 4 cyl (towing, cargo net)
MSRP don't recall?
Invoice ?
Incentives received: Credit Union supplier pricing, $1000 conquest, $500 off for waiving 60 day money back deal.
Price Paid after incentives: $28095 excluding TTL

#19 ·
tbox302--Did you replace the projector beam bulbs with PIAA bulbs?? I used a set of those a few years back, not projector beam h/l, and they worked great...but sure didn't last very long for the price. Only got about 7 mos. of use before the first burned out. Switched back before the other one burned out. But they sure lit up the road!

#21 ·
islander: yeah, it was a straight swap. and the life is definitely a concern, but i've been wanting to try them out for years (i had a pair of PIAA ion yellow fog lights back in college which lasted well over two years with frequent use) and got a great deal through amazon which ended up putting them around the same price as silverstars or comparable bulbs so i went for it. they work great, but i would have been disappointed if i had paid full price.

i turn the auto lights off first thing when i get in to make them last as long as possible. lol so far, that's been one of my few complaints - i wish they could have put the AUTO setting at the top of the settings instead of at the bottom, that way you could just leave that feature off, or turn it up to that setting (would be after ON) and leave it there to get the DRLs. my wife's old camry did it that way and it worked fine. oh well.

#23 ·
We just signed the papers on our SLT-1 tonight as we wanted to take advantage of all the deals that expired today. It should be here next week.

Order Date - 11/29/2009
Purchase Date - 2/1/2010
Car Dealership incl city/state - Hendrick GMC - Cary/NC
Model Year - 2010
Trim Level - SLT-1 with Power Liftgate and Nav
MSRP - $31,135
Incentives received - $2127.35 in GM Card Earnings
Price Paid after incentives - $29007.65
Price Out the Door - $28626.30 (which includes $2K for our trade, TTL and doc fee)

G
#24 ·
CWGrizzwold said:
We just signed the papers on our SLT-1 tonight as we wanted to take advantage of all the deals that expired today. It should be here next week.

Order Date - 11/29/2009
Purchase Date - 2/1/2010
Car Dealership incl city/state - Hendrick GMC - Cary/NC
Model Year - 2010
Trim Level - SLT-1 with Power Liftgate and Nav
MSRP - $31,135
Incentives received - $2127.35 in GM Card Earnings
Price Paid after incentives - $29007.65
Price Out the Door - $28626.30 (which includes $2K for our trade, TTL and doc fee)
So I take it the only "incentives" you got was a top-up of your GM Card earnings? It looks to me like the loyalty and conquest deals are gone as of today?

#25 ·
Loyalty (1K) and Conquest ($500) are def gone right now....and my Terrain is expected here next week. I did get some very favorable pricing, about $1,100 off MSRP, for an SLT-1 w/nav and power rear lift gate. Seems if you have a Toyota right now GM will bend over backwards with all kinds of incentives. But if you have a Saturn and even a BMW like me, SOL. I'll buy it anyway!! It is still thousands of dollars cheaper than a comparably equipped CUV.

#26 ·
I am trading my Rav4..2007...Hope I get sum kinda Incentive if the others are lost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.