GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Adaptive Cruise control question

9K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Pleatia 
#1 ·
So here’s the thing. I have a 2019 satin steel Denali with adaptive cruise. Now when the sunlight hit, then it would just say it’s unavailable because of the sunlight hitting the camera. I understand that is a safety to say to trun off the feature because of the sunlight. Was wondering if any of you guys did some things or mods to stay on?

#3 ·
Its normal to happen whenever there is a lot of rain,snow or direct sunlight at the right angle. Its says it right in the manual that this can happen as it uses the camera for the adaptive cruise. No reason to go dealer there is no fix for this. Just something that will happen if the sun is at the right angle. I don't how you could mod it in anyway to make it stay on any blocking of the camera will also turn it off.

#9 ·
All cars have this problem in direct sunlight if they are using the camera for the for adaptive cruise which i'm pretty sure they all are. the sensors come in play as you get closer to vehicle in front of you and if they are block by dirt or snow you will have the same problem.

#14 ·
I have 2019 Nox LT with 2FL package which gives lane keep, forward alert, pedestrian braking, following seconds. Checked with my dealer and claimed no upgrade to get adaptive. Also had them checkfor updates on the lane keep add it is terrible, stays away from the edge of the road but ignores crossing center line must times. Rented a Toyota CHR last fall for 3 weeks that had all the above and adaptive cruise. It was amazing and much needed features doing 2000 miles thru many types of European roads. We had all kinds of weather conditions and it always worked. The lane keep perhaps was more accurate due to narrower roads in Europe. Anyway wish I could get the features on the nox to be decent. Wondering if there would be a hack to take the following distance seconds and bump up/downthe cruise. But even if you did, the cruise is not aggressive enough to a
Slow down the car when going down small hills, doesn't seem to downshift until you are more than 5 mph over setting and even then takes a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.