GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

No Throttle Response 2018 LT 2.0T

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  44661 
#1 ·
Looking for someone else that has had this same issue. Tonight I drove into a parking space at a shopping district and shut the engine off, approximately 30 minutes later I started the engine to leave and the first thing I notice was the lack of power.
The engine was running smooth but no power. I put the pedal down and it slowly worked up to about 2k rpm but it was struggling. The car would not move at all, there was just no reason for what was going on.
We had driven it for the last hour or so with no issues, warnings. I suspected a throttle position sensor, lifted the hood to see if I could find it. Of course I had nothing with me to remove panels so a bit useless.
Oh well after dropping the hood back down and waiting a bit I went back under the hood and moved a few wires I thought could have been associated with the sensor and hopped back in and tried again. I did that a few times actually..

Well, it started back up and I didn't waste any time and got it back to the house.

Okay, so was this a throttle position sensor, a throttle body plate.?

This is the turbo 2.0 which might be different.?

See less See more
#3 ·
No engine light, I had just come out of a drive-thru at Dairy Queen and we parked and shut the engine off. We never got out of the vehicle and when we went to leave, it was a blindside. There was nothing happening before that lead up to this. I put the pedal down to the floor and it struggled to get up to 2k rpm, no spitting or sputtering, no engine light.
I put it in reverse, drive, neutral, and no movement. I put it in neutral and was able to push it. Like I mentioned I did move a plug connector here and there but doubt it did anything.
I am a bit mechanically inclined but not on this Equinox as it is new, I bought it for the wife so we would not have to go under the hood. Now it looks like I will.
It is still under warranty, just had the sunshade replaced two weeks ago..they muffed that twice. If I take it to the dealership I want to know exactly what they do to fix it..that kind of teaching is priceless.

#7 ·
There was nothing happening before that lead up to this. I put the pedal down to the floor and it struggled to get up to 2k rpm, no spitting or sputtering, no engine light.

I put it in reverse, drive, neutral, and no movement. I put it in neutral and was able to push it. Like I mentioned I did move a plug connector here and there but doubt it did anything.
What do you mean by "moved a plug connector?"

I would probably attribute it to either bad fuel, HPFP possibly, or pedal sensor going bad. But sounds like PICNIC

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I live in North Florida and it has been somewhat dry. There is just over 21k miles on it because wife works from home. She was out with me last night when this happened and can verify we had no warning. She is out driving it now shopping I guess. I am waiting to see if she makes it back without any issues. I need to check for fault codes next possible chance. If I find a fault and resolution I will post. This stuff almost gets me a chubby...lol...

#6 ·
I haven't had a problem as you had, but as an old man getting converted to modern technology I find issues that happen for no apparent reason once or twice then it corrects itself. I'm like you what the heck is this? Report it to the dealer at least that way down the road if it completely fails it was reported as an issue under warranty. One issue I had was every once in a while on a cold morning in the teens, I will push the start button and it delays starting a few seconds. But getting a better understanding of technology I don't worry unless it does it repeatedly. Take it in who knows what it is.

#8 ·
As we know there is a large shroud cover over the engine so there is not really any connectors accessible. Though I might have touched, moved a plug connector I doubt it was something I touched. So far it has not done anything since but I do need to get it to the dealership to scan the system for faults.

#9 ·
Though I might have touched, moved a plug connector I doubt it was something I touched. So far it has not done anything since but I do need to get it to the dealership to scan the system for faults.

Hummm...Did this start happening after you "might" have done this to the connectors, or beforehand ?

#10 ·
Modern vehicles, shut off, open drivers door, close drivers door and try again. Basically a quickie reboot of systems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.