GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Lift terrain

17K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Grum.man 
#1 ·
do they have any lift kits out for terrain yet? haven't been able to find any but I seen a guy on here (dunesrunner08) said he got one made. any ideas where to get one custom made even? thanks

#6 ·
I believe a mild, .5 to 1 inch coil spring spacer lift will have little negative effect with the proper alignment. There are people doing these on 100's of trucks a daily w/o significant issues. For myself I'd like to raise my Equ AWD 1 inch, then add 1 inch taller and slightly wider tires and call it good for a more masculine look, slightly wider track, and another 1.5 inches of ground clearance.

#7 ·
Front wheel drive is no different that the IFS on a Silverado. CV axles up front on them also. Look how they bolt on a new sub frame to maintain acceptable driveline angles on a big lift. A small lift with spacers could be possible IF there is enough adjustment for camber.

#8 ·
A strut spacer would be the way to go on in the front and a thick spring seat in the rear. I would be interested in a group buy effort if the parts are aluminum. 2" would be better though. Suscribed.

#10 ·
Yeah. Rough Country does a strut spacer deal with the 1500 series Siverado. Only about an inch thick at the strut, but with arm angle, makes it about 2" of lift at the wheel. Would be perfect type of thing for the Nox / Terrain. I will get ahold of Rough Country and see if anything they offer would fit on the Nox or if they would produce something like that.

#13 ·
It all comes down to demand for a new product
It takes more than 20 people for a company to decide to create a product

from lifting to lowering, different headlight options, .... There needs to be a mass demand for them to make money

I would say (at least in the area I live in) 90% of people driving these vehicles are conservative and elderly.

I have researched and contacted many people about lowering mine lower than what it is, and I get the same response
If you want custom, pay a fabricator $2000-4000, otherwise there is no demand, So I am sure the same would be for lifting

#14 · (Edited)
If I cannot find anyone who has already done this and has spacers for sale, I will contact a local fab shop near me. Seems from what I have looked at, that all that needs to be done up front is a put a 3/4" to 1" aluminum spacer at the top of the strut assembly where it bolts up to the vehicle and that should give 1.5" to 2" lift at the wheel. 3 longer bolts may be needed. It wouldn't be a major project to cut a spacer out of stock aluminum. Doesn't need to be a CNC job. $2000 - $4000 would be quite a stretch. Doubt it would cost $200 for a couple of spacers... material and labor. No need for different spring or shock length in the assembly, just use stock strut assembly. Of course, the wheel alignment would have to be checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.