GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Thinking of Downsizing - AGAIN

14K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  c&wsinbad 
#1 ·
Hi folks, the wife saw the new Terrain in the showroom and decided she wants to downsize from the Acadia. Any problems, quirks that are occurring. looking at the Denali with the 2.0L engine, salesman said GM recommends Premium but some are running mid-grade, anyone doing that? Used to be only a 5-10 cents difference in price now by us it's running 20-25 cents between grades.

#3 ·
Not back yet, still working on finding the right one i.e. color, options & price. She just turned the big 70 and she wants want she wants. lol

Reactions: bigb12359
#4 ·
Oh P-L-E-A-S-E come back! I'll be able to put you back on my "Real People" list ... and we can talk about the Bears and the Patriots again! You know .. real conversations between real people.

Instead of the fake accounts replying to fake questions and carrying on fake conversations with people we can only *wish* were fake ...

#6 ·
Oh P-L-E-A-S-E come back! I'll be able to put you back on my "Real People" list ... and we can talk about the Bears and the Patriots again! You know .. real conversations between real people.

Instead of the fake accounts replying to fake questions and carrying on fake conversations with people we can only *wish* were fake ...

Nope. . only talking about . . *The Packers*. The NE Patriots have a cheater QB who was fined. And "Da Bears" . . . a worthwhile Greenbay opponent. But they do change players a lot.

It doesn't get more *real* than that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ames-by-nfl-patriots-lose-2016-first-rounder/

#5 ·
Is there a rift between Brady, Gronk & Belichek?

My son married a Patriot fan, so of course I have to give her crap. We saw them the week after the SB and I didn't give her it to her too much.

#8 · (Edited)
There's definitely a rift between Belichick and Brady over that Guerrero guy. Guerrero is the conditioning guy who is Brady's TB12 business partner. Somehow, maybe to appease Brady, Guerrero was allowed access to certain Patriots players to "help them" with their conditioning (even though he wasn't on the Patriots' payroll). The guy was flying with the team; he had an office at the stadium; for all intents and purposes he was an employee. But then something happened where Guerrero's "advice" or "direction" began to conflict with Belichick's time-tested conditioning program to the point where Belichick got fed up and curtailed Guerrero's access to the team. So that started the initial rift between Belichick and Brady (and the other players who were also working with Guerrero).

The other "rift" between Belichick and Brady, which is more under-the-radar, has to do with how long Brady can play. I think Brady wants to play as long as he can so he can prove the TB12 Method works, jump-starting his new business empire after football. Belichick, on the other hand, is on the side of history and isn't buying any of it. He was prepared to move on from Brady and probably tried to trade him to his hometown 49ers. But unfortunately for Patriots fans, Kraft looks at Brady like a son and feels he has earned the right to play as long as he wants, so Belichick was overruled, forcing the trade of Garoppolo to the 49ers.

So it's a big mess now. It's Brady until the wheels fall off the wagon, and nobody to succeed him. And Belichick is probably going to quit over the whole Garoppolo thing - that's why McDaniels did the about-face and came back to the Patriots after accepting the HC job with the Colts. I think Kraft is pulling too many strings right now and he's screwing everything up for the future of the franchise in order to save his friendship with Brady. Could he be an investor in Brady's TB12 empire?

As great as Brady has been, the greatest gift he could've given New England fans (at this point) would've been acceptance that it was time to pass the torch to Garoppolo. He should've accepted (or even *suggested*) a trade to his hometown 49ers. The Patriots could've sent him there with either Gronk or Edelman to soften the landing, and he could've continued with his TB12 thing out there. Everyone would've been happy - even Guerrero.

Instead, the Patriots will end up losing *both* Belichick and Brady, Kraft will turn over the team to his son, and the fans will be left holding the bag, returning to the days of mediocrity with no franchise quarterback (or Hall of Fame coach) anywhere in sight...

----------------
But now back to our regularly-scheduled programming ...

Q: Have you been dealing with "Stop/Start" on any of your vehicles since you left us, and if so, what's your take on it?

#7 ·
Oh NO, Not a Packers fan.

I just hope we have some competitive games between the 2, has to be better than what we were under Coach Fox.

Some day Rodgers has to retire, doesn't he?

Reactions: JayTee2014
#9 ·
Leaving shortly so just going to respond to the Start/Stop issue for now. Haven't had a Start/Stop engine. The new Acadia V6 has the AFM (Active Fuel Management), drops down to 4 cly and back to 6 when needed. My country city mpgs are around 24 hyw are between 28 -30. You can see the instant mpgs on the dash go up to (( at times but if we're cruising it'll hold pretty steady at 35- 40.

#11 ·
Yeah - I've read complaints about AFM too, but I think I'd rather have *that* than the Stop/Start - especially if you can get 28-30 in an Acadia *without thinking about it*. Some have claimed that same fuel economy with the sister-vehicle Traverse - without AFM - but it requires "thinking about it" and having a strategy with your driving, which isn't always possible.

#10 ·
Start/stop is a manageable issue; there are ways to avoid having it function for you. Mileage on the 2.0T is better than I expected; the 9-speed trans seems to have benefit over the 6-speed I had in my 2.0T Malibu. We made a quick run to San Antonio yesterday and back; 252 miles of highway travel interspersed with small community traffic along with about 20 miles in San Antonio. We averaged 30.6 mpg by the DIC, which is about 3-4 mpg better than we ever saw in the Malibu on the same drive. Performance of the 2.0T is impressive to me, and I have no complaints regarding the fit-finish/comfort/quality of the Equinox.

#13 ·
Be interesting to see what our country city driving mpgs are, very little heavy traffic, sometimes we're stopped through 2 or 3 stop light cycles, 2-3 trips down to the VA hospital in Columbia almost all interstate. Think it'll be hard pressed to beat the Acadia. I know the V6 in the Cadillac XT5 has the Start//Stop along with the AFM and I haven't heard anything bad about it.

#12 ·
It was really strange, some of the V6s had a vibration when it dropped down to 4 cylinders and others didn't. I never experienced it until just this month after being stuck in a 4 mile construction backup, hasn't happened since.

#15 ·
I have AFM on my 2017 Colorado CCSB. 9,000 miles now and never feel any vibrations or even feel when the engine goes into V4 mode. V4 mode mostly only occurs when driving on level roads with little load on the engine. This is usually in town at sustained steady speeds of 25 to 35MPH. If I really pay attention at low speeds on level pavement, I can coax it to go into V4 mode by sort of feathering the gas pedal. Even then there is little to no discernable point when it goes from V6 to V4 mode.

The engine will also occasionally goe into V4 mode at highway speeds of 55 to 65MPH, but again, at steady little load cruising on a flat or slight downgrade. I have to happen to look at the DIC to catch it go into V4 mode. Never feel it at all.

But I do agree, some others with +2017 Colorado/Canyon say they can feel a slight lurch or vibration. So far so good for my Colorado. I love the new 3.6L LGZ engine and 8 speed drive train. I just completed a 717 mile round trip 2 weeks ago and netted 26.95MPG under varying road conditions and speeds.

#16 ·
One the ladies that had the vibration said it was like driving over rumble strips on the side of the road and that's what we felt. We were on I-20 eastbound toward Florence, SC in sections that road is really rough so we thought it was the road but it went away in a short time.

#17 · (Edited)
Ok. . that "rumble strip" effect isn't due to AFM. It seems if mostly occurred when the engine was under light pedal pressure at 1,500RPM and between 40 and maybe 65 MPH.

*Some* vehicles equipped with the 8,9 or 10 speed transmissions were having that issue. Full sized trucks seemed to show that up first.
It seems that *Some* transmissions got contaminated with sealant or machining residue which may cause the torque converter to pulsate.

GM has TSBs issued and a 3X flush/trans filter change with a new Mobil 1 fluid. If that does not resolve it, some have gotten the TC replaced or even the entire transmission.

Here is a video highlighting the THREE types of trans fluid and procedure needed to change and even check these new transmission fluid in these new 8, 9, and 10 speed transmissions.

BTW. . Ford and others have had the same TC "shudder" over the past few years if you do a Google on "transmission shudder".

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=dPrP4NQZg6w

#18 ·
No JatyTee, the trouble on the Acadia V6 AFM vibration wasn't a transmission problem, I don't recall what they did to fix it, but they issued a TSB for it.

Reactions: JayTee2014
#19 ·
Not looking too good for a new Terrain this month. I've got one last try to for pricing and payments to be in line, hate to lose the bonus cash & an exclusive offer, but if it doesn't happen there's always next year

#20 ·
So we went to one dealer today and test drove a 2.0L Denali, was impressed with its performance and handling, the wife had no problem with the push button shifting. So we sat down and talked numbers, way too far apart, nice people but just couldn't justify the payment. That was the reason for the last post.

Got home and was thinking my salesman at our dealership in town didn't have all the info on my rebates and incentives when they worked up some preliminary numbers, so I E-mailed the sales manger and showed him all the discounts and he came back with numbers I can live with. So it looks like we'll be getting a Satin Steel Metallic Deanali on Wednesday, unless the dealer he has to trade for it realizes that he's trading it for us, the people that he couldn't sell to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.