wiring diagram for foglights 2015 - TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
wiring diagram for foglights 2015

Hello. Does anyone have a connection diagram for foglights?
Malish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 AM
Theta Freak
 
rednox301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malish View Post
Hello. Does anyone have a connection diagram for foglights?
There are two ways to do this

If you want to install them as they came from the factory you will need to buy the on/off switch that is mounted on the steering column.
You will also need the dealer to reprogram the BCM to "turn the circuit on".
I can post the wiring info if you need it.

The other way is to mount a dash switch with a relay, fuse, etc and wire it yourself.
Many diagrams on the net if you go this way.

2014 Equinox LTZ FWD 3.6L. V-6 (LFX)
GM6T70 Transmission-Gen II(M7W)
Crystal Red Tintcoat-Brownstone Leather-(FE2) Suspension-18" Wheels
Build Date: Nov. 04, 2013-Delivery Date: Nov. 25, 2013
rednox301 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednox301 View Post
There are two ways to do this

If you want to install them as they came from the factory you will need to buy the on/off switch that is mounted on the steering column.
You will also need the dealer to reprogram the BCM to "turn the circuit on".
I can post the wiring info if you need it.

The other way is to mount a dash switch with a relay, fuse, etc and wire it yourself.
Many diagrams on the net if you go this way.

I want to connect in option 2. I have a steering column switch, relay with wires. There is a person who will do this, but he needs wiring to understand what to connect to.
I will be very grateful for the provided scheme.
Malish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 10:33 AM
Theta Freak
 
rednox301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malish View Post
I want to connect in option 2. I have a steering column switch, relay with wires. There is a person who will do this, but he needs wiring to understand what to connect to.
I will be very grateful for the provided scheme.
The attached link below has two possibilities.
Top one turns on the fogs with the headlights.
Bottom one is just for the fogs without headlights.



https://www.accessconnect.com/fog_dr...hts_wiring.htm

2014 Equinox LTZ FWD 3.6L. V-6 (LFX)
GM6T70 Transmission-Gen II(M7W)
Crystal Red Tintcoat-Brownstone Leather-(FE2) Suspension-18" Wheels
Build Date: Nov. 04, 2013-Delivery Date: Nov. 25, 2013
rednox301 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednox301 View Post
The attached link below has two possibilities.
Top one turns on the fogs with the headlights.
Bottom one is just for the fogs without headlights.



https://www.accessconnect.com/fog_dr...hts_wiring.htm
many thanks. I'll hand over the electrician. Iíll write later how to put it and how it works
Malish is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
maybe you have a native circuitry? with BCM
Malish is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:22 AM
Theta Freak
 
rednox301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malish View Post
maybe you have a native circuitry? with BCM
I can tell which wires go to the BCM and for what circuit.

When the dealer flashes the BCM, he makes that circuit active.
That I can't do.

2014 Equinox LTZ FWD 3.6L. V-6 (LFX)
GM6T70 Transmission-Gen II(M7W)
Crystal Red Tintcoat-Brownstone Leather-(FE2) Suspension-18" Wheels
Build Date: Nov. 04, 2013-Delivery Date: Nov. 25, 2013
rednox301 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
I saw on the site https://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/Default.asp all the wiring diagrams of which and where to connect. But now I do not have access. You do not have such a scheme?
Malish is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Member
 
Malish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Posts: 53
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednox301 View Post
I can tell which wires go to the BCM and for what circuit.
I will be very grateful
Malish is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 12:04 PM
Theta Freak
 
rednox301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malish View Post
I saw on the site https://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/Default.asp all the wiring diagrams of which and where to connect. But now I do not have access. You do not have such a scheme?
I think you are misunderstanding me.
When the dealer reprograms the BCM , he adds/activates software for the fogs internally to the BCM.

The wires to the BCM for the fogs are:

Orange, Circuit # 192, connector X1 Pin #14 from the new fog light switch to a pull down resistor in the BCM.

Battery voltage from pin #85 in the fog light relay to connector X5 Pin #10 in the BCM. This is a dark green with white stripe wire, Circuit #1317. It's possible these two wires exist in your wiring harness already.
Proceed with caution.

Do you have the two purple wires that go to the Fog Bulbs in the front of your vehicle now?

2014 Equinox LTZ FWD 3.6L. V-6 (LFX)
GM6T70 Transmission-Gen II(M7W)
Crystal Red Tintcoat-Brownstone Leather-(FE2) Suspension-18" Wheels
Build Date: Nov. 04, 2013-Delivery Date: Nov. 25, 2013

Last edited by rednox301; 02-26-2020 at 02:07 PM.
rednox301 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome