TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum - View Single Post - 2010 GMC Terrain V6 - Engine Power Reduced, Service Stabilitrak with codes.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
DanTerrain85

2010 GMC Terrain V6 - Engine Power Reduced, Service Stabilitrak with codes.

Hi All,

I have an issue and I am desperate, my vehicle no longer can go above 10 MPH. Here is what happened.

Months ago, I got the CEL with the following Codes:

P0017: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor B
P0018: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor A
P0019: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor B

After a lot of troubleshooting, I need to get my timing chains replaced. The vehicle was driveable and it didn't seem to be running very rough, and the labor was a little more than I could afford so I've been saving money. That isn't the main issue but I thought it was worth mentioning.

2/2/2018 - week I needed an oil change and I decided to take it to a Valvoline Instant Oil Change, (for the first time in my life, as I usually do them myself) they put and 3 days later (2/5/201, I was driving home, and lost all power, and the Traction Control Light came on, and then it said, "Engine Power Reduced", "Service Stabilitrak" and I couldn't go more than 10MPH.

Once I got home, I did some Google Fu and everyone was saying to clean the throttle body, so I did that, and then drove fine until today, 2/10/2018. I thought maybe the throttle body was shot, so I purchased a new one, installed it, then was able to get 2 blocks down the road before it stopped again. I then borrowed my friends bluetooth code reader, and the following codes are now showing as well:

P0089: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Performance
P228D: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure Too High

Now I have no idea what to do. Any ideas would be great!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome