TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum

TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum (https://www.terrainforum.net/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (https://www.terrainforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar (https://www.terrainforum.net/showthread.php?t=6348)

OnStarAdvisor 07-15-2013 04:43 PM

Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Hello All!

We would like to take a moment and introduce ourselves as the OnStar Customer Assistance Representatives from the OnStar Social Media group. The OnStar Social Media group is responsible for scanning over forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. We are looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are excited to be a part of this online community and hope that we are able to provide assistance here.

Jessica and Sara, OnStar Social Media Team

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-15-2013 06:47 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Greetings Jessica & Sara

Happy to have you here on the forum!

Cheers

Amber N. and Erica T.
GMC Customer Care

Mochaman 07-19-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Never did get onstar to recognize my dealer installed factory remote start in the android app. Got a lot of excuses but it is exactly as it would be installed if from the factory( Including bcm programming)so why can't it be added to the app. I am ready for more excuses so lets hear them.

OnStarAdvisor 07-19-2013 03:32 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Mochaman -

I would need to investigate the matter further to be able to provide you with a more accurate answer. Would you be willing to PM me with your account number and a good contact number, so I can look into this?

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

-Sara, OnStar Advisor,
Social Media Team

Waybenn 07-19-2013 05:06 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Any news on when OnStar will release an app for Windows Phone? We had an app by an independent deveoloper that worked great until they received a cease and decist letter. Now we have nothing.

darkside 07-19-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Welcome to the forums.
I am wondering if OnStar is ever going to change it's pricing model.
I feel that it has be quite unfair the Canadians are paying prices way higher than or neighbours to the south.
Our dollar right now is a bit under par but for some time we were at par and even higher.
His just does not seem fair.

OnStarAdvisor 07-19-2013 05:46 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waybenn
Any news on when OnStar will release an app for Windows Phone? We had an app by an independent deveoloper that worked great until they received a cease and decist letter. Now we have nothing.

We've heard all the requests for the app and are always looking for ways to improve our business and gather feedback from our subscribers. There has not been a release date set yet, but we are expecting it very soon.

-Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

OnStarAdvisor 07-19-2013 05:56 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkside
Welcome to the forums.
I am wondering if OnStar is ever going to change it's pricing model.
I feel that it has be quite unfair the Canadians are paying prices way higher than or neighbours to the south.
Our dollar right now is a bit under par but for some time we were at par and even higher.
His just does not seem fair.

Darkside -

We are constantly reviewing pricing strategies. Please keep in mind OnStar sets its prices independently for each country where we provide service.

-Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

admin 08-06-2013 11:12 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Welcome Jessica and Sara! Thanks for providing your customer service here. Our members (your customers) greatly benefit when a company takes time to listen to their customers and respond quickly.

Papa Smurf Rides On 08-06-2013 11:24 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Welcome to the boards! I don't have Onstar anymore but good to know there is support for those who need it.

scbearsfan 08-06-2013 12:11 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
OnStar team, we had the service for our 08 Nox and were paying approx 20 a month for the basice service, when we bought our 2012 we received the 6 month free trial with Direction and Connections after the free trial was up I called to see what offer I could get to keep D & C, I was willing to pay the same price as before but the first CSR said she couldn't do any thing but she transferred me to a different dept and she offered me D & C for less than what I was willg to pay even though I told her I would pay the 20 dollars. Made no sense.

Odinson 08-06-2013 12:57 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Hi. Welcome.

What is the official way to disable ALL cell service to and from the onstar unit? This is both a policy and technical question.

Thanks.

retired 08-21-2013 10:35 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
I heard your vehicle can be TAKEN OVER by OTHERS whilst you are driving down the street, by evil messages beamed thru the Onstar.....is this true? Can your grandchildren's minds be fried while watching the DVD players because of crossover power surges when the OTHERS attempt the takeover? :help: And WELCOME!

Odinson 08-21-2013 11:32 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
So sorry if I've made anyone feel bad. Most folks do not want to think about computer security any more than they want to learn what a particular .ini file does on their computer or how many pins the tumbler in their home's back door lock has.. :sleepy: I think retired's point is my post was the last here before you fell silent. :mope:

Please continue your discussion about features and technical problems. I won't interfere. Even if you ignore me. :dancing:

I would like to have a conversation about the security of Onstar, GM and cars in general. I'll be happy to do it offline or online. It's probably for the best as DARPA has decided the public should have this discussion now, with or without you.

I think GM is turning around and I'm excited about the latest round of cars, including my own. :cheers: Best to you.

sidebite252 08-22-2013 08:03 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by retired
I heard your vehicle can be TAKEN OVER by OTHERS whilst you are driving down the street, by evil messages beamed thru the Onstar.....is this true? Can your grandchildren's minds be fried while watching the DVD players because of crossover power surges when the OTHERS attempt the takeover? :help: And WELCOME!


OnStarAdvisor 08-22-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCBEARSFAN
OnStar team, we had the service for our 08 Nox and were paying approx 20 a month for the basice service, when we bought our 2012 we received the 6 month free trial with Direction and Connections after the free trial was up I called to see what offer I could get to keep D & C, I was willing to pay the same price as before but the first CSR said she couldn't do any thing but she transferred me to a different dept and she offered me D & C for less than what I was willg to pay even though I told her I would pay the 20 dollars. Made no sense.

I am glad to hear our Advisors were able to help and resolve this. We have a lot of different packages to offer from and we do our best to set you up with a plan that works for your needs. If you have any further questions just PM me with your contact info.

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

OnStarAdvisor 08-22-2013 09:52 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odinson
Hi. Welcome.

What is the official way to disable ALL cell service to and from the onstar unit? This is both a policy and technical question.

Thanks.

I want to first thank you for being a loyal General Motors fan.

In regards to your posting about disabling the OnStar system, due to the safety and security of our customer's vehicles I cannot provide any information on if/how our system can be disabled. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the service or assist in any way I can with your account.

If you have further questions you are welcome to PM me and I will answer to the best of my ability. Thanks again!

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

scbearsfan 08-22-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidebite252

Good one Snkebite

Odinson 08-22-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OnStarAdvisor
I want to first thank you for being a loyal General Motors fan.

In regards to your posting about disabling the OnStar system, due to the safety and security of our customer's vehicles I cannot provide any information on if/how our system can be disabled. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the service or assist in any way I can with your account.

If you have further questions you are welcome to PM me and I will answer to the best of my ability. Thanks again!

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Security through obscurity is not much better than no security at all. Thanks for your answer. Fair warning to others. GM == Onstar, take it or leave it.

There are several ways to protect your customers safety while honoring the wishes of GMs customers. Just provide a definitive cellular off switch at the unit?

I understand you might think a would be thief could use that when stealing the vehicle (although the 45min of stuff in the way might make them think otherwise) In that case why not offer a version of your telematics unit. Without any cellular(onstar) circuitry inside. Then some customers could simply pay for the stripped down unit, and have the dealer swap it in. You could do all kinds of GM dealer encrypted signature type stuff, keying a particular car to a particular no-star telematics unit. That way theives can't just pick one up and swap it in. No two way network in my car for me, no stress for you. You'd be covered since they had to work at buying the thing and having it installed indicating both understanding and intent.

Simply staying mum meant I talked to many people, disabled it, and published how to do it. The secrecy doesn't help your organization, but it really hurts GM. They lose out on the $45,000 sale to protect your $500 stake. If I had any idea how integrated the unit is, or how dangerous that is, I never would have plunked the 45k down for the car.

Onstar was convinced in an era of beepers and satellite phones. This is NOT that era. No exaggeration or metaphor, warfare is waged on the internet. I don't want my car in that war. If my cell phone company fails to secure my phone, I buy a new phone, if you fail to secure my car, I fail my family.

Odinson 08-22-2013 11:21 AM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidebite252

Dude! You stole my car!

Rodney Dangerfield - Live 1978 (Part 1)


retired 08-22-2013 02:34 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
To all concerned- all my posts are in total fun and lightheartedness. I am in no way attempting to belittle anyone's concerns. If I have come across as being that way my sincere apologies are offered. I have put on my tinfoil hat and feel much better now..... :cheers:

sidebite252 08-22-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Man, I want to see the Rodney Dangerfield video but I'm at work and most sites are blocked!!!!! I'll check it out in a couple of weeks when I return home.

I told my buddy "My wife's so ugly I take her to work with me."
My friend asks "If your wife is so ugly, how come you take her to work with you?"
I replied "I take my ugly wife to work with me so I don't have to kiss her good bye! I get no Respect I tell ya........................"

Ralphalph 08-22-2013 03:03 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Putting conspiracy theories or worst case scenarios aside, and to Odinson's point, there is really just no good reason for them not to provide a way to completely disable the system. Perhaps by phone call to Onstar and upon verification that you are the owner of the vehicle to prevent systems from being easily disabled by car thieves.

Till then, and to those that care about this, just vote with your feet -- walking to the ____ dealer, har har.

davidsjay 08-22-2013 03:49 PM

Re: Introducing the New Forum Social Customer Service Team for OnStar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OnStarAdvisor
Darkside -

We are constantly reviewing pricing strategies. Please keep in mind OnStar sets its prices independently for each country where we provide service.

-Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Dear Advisor,
Your pricing in Canada is outrageous. One can pay for an Auto Service such as CAA for just under $100 a year for the premium plan which includes towing, locksmiths, gasoline if you run out, tire changes, boosts, triptiks, and all related travel insurance and services!! So how can you justify charging a "Discounted" price of $16.99 + tax a month, which translates into $230.00 for just your basic service??? Your normal pricing is around $360.00!!!
I just will rely on my GPS and my Bluetooth connection to my cell phone to get most of the services you offer. As for the scare tactics used to frighten people into taking Onstar because of Heaven forbid an accident takes place, and you can't call, so they will, is not really an honest approach in justifying the price difference! :sosad: :thumbdown:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome