TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum - View Single Post - First drive in the snow
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 AM
aktimberwolfak

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
After the big dump that I went through when I posted this its actually been unseasonable warm. That's changing this week. A bit of snow this AM and they are saying up to a foot over the next 48 hours. I do find the Hanooks are really slick. In hindsight I might have tried to work a deal on a set of winter when I got the car. It's not going to happen this year because of $$$ but I'm going to start myself tire fund so I have something to switch too next winter. I've never run winter tires before, only all seasons. Even though I live in the 'Great White North' in Calgary we will get a dump of snow and the roads will be crummy for a few days and then they are all clear and dry, We will get Chinooks going through that melt the roads as well.

I'll have to get my tires measured too.. the quickwear is somewhat concerning. I'm just about to cross the 11,000KM mark on mine, I think the first rotation is recommended at 12,000KM.

Would it really be worth the cost of winter tires if you only have to worry about the roads a few days out of the year? I could understand if a person HAD to be on the roads, but for most people, I would think that you take those days off from work and stay safe and warm.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome