2018 Models - Safety Recall - TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By digital-audiophile
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Hero Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 749
2018 Models - Safety Recall

A new GM safety recall is announced: http://www.gminsidenews.com/articles...haft-failures/
1999 White C5 Coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Theta Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,161
Document ID: 4861036
#17329: Safety Recall - Front Right Intermediate Drive Shaft Assembly Fractured - (Aug 29, 2017)
Subject: 17329 Front Right Intermediate Drive Shaft Assembly Fractured
Models: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox20172018 GMC Acadia2018 GMC TerrainReference Number: N172117050
Release Date: August 2017
Revision: 00

Attention:



Make
Model
Model Year
RPO
Description
From
To
Chevrolet
Equinox
2018
2018
LTG
M3D
2.0L Engine
9-Speed Automatic Transmission
GMC
Acadia
2017
2018
LCV
M2D
2.5L Engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission
GMC
Terrain
2018
2018
LTG
M3H
2.0L Engine
9-Speed Automatic Transmission
bigb12359 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:58 PM
Sr. Member
 
digital-audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 407
How do I find the build date on my 2018?


edit - Ill ask when I'm at the dealer later today to look it up. Ill ask if they know anything about this yet. I checked on the mychev app and the recall doesn't come up for mine but it may not be loaded yet.

Last edited by digital-audiophile; 08-31-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: more info
digital-audiophile is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Theta GOD!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
How do I find the build date on my 2018?


edit - Ill ask when I'm at the dealer later today to look it up. Ill ask if they know anything about this yet. I checked on the mychev app and the recall doesn't come up for mine but it may not be loaded yet.
On my '10, there is a sticker on the door or B pillar with the place and month/year of manufacture - not sure if it told the day. I would expect yours to be in the same location.

2018 Equinox LT1 1.5 L 4 cyl, AWD, S/R Cajun Red Tintcoat/Black

2010 Equinox LTZ 2.4 L 4 cyl, FWD, S/R Cardinal Red/Black
RIT333 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Sr. Member
 
digital-audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
On my '10, there is a sticker on the door or B pillar with the place and month/year of manufacture - not sure if it told the day. I would expect yours to be in the same location.


Excellently, mine was built 3/17 so I should be safe from this recall.

Current and Past General Motors Vehicles Owned

Current : 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 'True North Edition' 1.5L Mosaic Black Metallic
Past : 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 2.4L I4 Cyber Grey Metallic
Past: 2005 GMC Hummer H3 Shadow Green Metallic
Past: 1990 Pontiac Firefly 1.0L 3Cyl White
digital-audiophile is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Sr. Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
Excellently, mine was built 3/17 so I should be safe from this recall.
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall. I think at this point I'm glad that they found the problem out before it spreads in a large number. It's not great that it happened but better late than never right? I just kinda thought it's weird just as the Buick Envision is in the same platform as the Nox/Terrain but it's not on the list. Unless they use different shaft.
vic1212 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Hero Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1212 View Post
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall. I think at this point I'm glad that they found the problem out before it spreads in a large number. It's not great that it happened but better late than never right? I just kinda thought it's weird just as the Buick Envision is in the same platform as the Nox/Terrain but it's not on the list. Unless they use different shaft.

The Buick Envision is made in China - perhaps it uses a high-quality Chinese part?
1999 White C5 Coupe is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Sr. Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
The Buick Envision is made in China - perhaps it uses a high-quality Chinese part?
Maybe....but American Envision does use different suspension components than the Chinese Envision?
vic1212 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Sr. Member
 
digital-audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1212 View Post
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall.
The Chevrolet app has an area that shows recalls too.
vic1212 likes this.

Current and Past General Motors Vehicles Owned

Current : 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 'True North Edition' 1.5L Mosaic Black Metallic
Past : 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 2.4L I4 Cyber Grey Metallic
Past: 2005 GMC Hummer H3 Shadow Green Metallic
Past: 1990 Pontiac Firefly 1.0L 3Cyl White
digital-audiophile is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Sr. Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
The Chevrolet app has an area that shows recalls too.
Either way, both should let people find out I feel the vehicle is under a recall or not
vic1212 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome