GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2017 Owners - Any problems with mp3's on USB stick?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chevy05 
#1 ·
A few of us here with the 2016 models (maybe even 2015) experienced the problem of the USB stick playing automatically upon vehicle startup even though the last item used was the radio, Bluetooth, or XM. My GM dealer tells me that there has not been any firmware updates for my vehicle. I have the guidance option that comes with the 3.6L. Curious if any of the 2017 owners here have the same problem? I have to remove my USB stick with my music library when I shut the vehicle down if I do not want to hear the same playlist start playing every time I start the vehicle.

#2 ·
chevy05 said:
A few of us here with the 2016 models (maybe even 2015) experienced the problem of the USB stick playing automatically upon vehicle startup even though the last item used was the radio, Bluetooth, or XM. My GM dealer tells me that there has not been any firmware updates for my vehicle. I have the guidance option that comes with the 3.6L. Curious if any of the 2017 owners here have the same problem? I have to remove my USB stick with my music library when I shut the vehicle down if I do not want to hear the same playlist start playing every time I start the vehicle.
the same exact thing happens on my 2012.

#3 ·
I had a 2014 without Navigation and I do not recall having this issue with that vehicle. But then I had a CD player and did not use the USB as often in that vehicle.

#6 ·
I took my Equinox in for the first of two free oil changes last week before I switch over to Mobil 1. I asked the service writer to check the USB stick issue. I have the latest firmware for the console and the USB still starts up right away even though I was previously listening to FM or XM. Just an annoyance is what it is. GM must not want to correct the software code as these head units are technically obsolete compared to the other GM models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.