AC Pressure Switch
Looking for some AC advice: have a 2011 Terrain 2.4 with basic cabin temp control. The AC does not work, and the radiator blower has yet to come on under normal driving conditions (granted, its still cool here in NH). All the interior cabin ventilation stuff works, heat, blend door, blower. What I've done:
- Tested the radiator fan by jumping 12V to the output relay terminal, fan spun up both high and low speed relays.
- tested the AC compressor clutch by jumping 12 to the output side of the comp relay, clicked on (engine was off)
- tested all above relays outside of the fuse box. coils click in, 0 ohms across the contacts.
-tested all fuses ok
So a few questions:
- Should the radiator fan come on under normal cool temps? The temp gauge never goes above the 3rd line (just left of straight down).
- I disconnected the connector to the AC high side pressure switch (smaller tube), and the radiator fan started running. Engine was running and otherwise not very hot. Does this make sense?
- Have not connected to AC gauges, since I dont have a set. Based on the above, is it time to invest in some?
Thanks in advance!
2011 SLE 2.4