TerrainForum.net Bookmark and Share
July 30, 2014, 08:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 equinox warning lights and reduced engine power  (Read 6450 times)
Dakid0813

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »

We purchased this equinox used about a year ago. After a month I noticed that the engine ticked a lot.  Now about a year later the engine warning light came on , it was down 2 QStack of oil. Had the oil changed and everything was fine but it still ticked. About 2 weeks after the oil change the warning light came on along with the stabilitrac light. The next time istartedit all lights were off and it ran fine. Last night on the way home the both lights came back on and the engine went into a reduced power mode. I was able to get home but had no power. I look up similar problems and found that it may be the fuel pump.... Has anyone else had this problem.. If so what did u do to fixit?
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »

We purchased this equinox used about a year ago. After a month I noticed that the engine ticked a lot.  Now about a year later the engine warning light came on , it was down 2 QStack of oil. Had the oil changed and everything was fine but it still ticked. About 2 weeks after the oil change the warning light came on along with the stabilitrac light. The next time istartedit all lights were off and it ran fine. Last night on the way home the both lights came back on and the engine went into a reduced power mode. I was able to get home but had no power. I look up similar problems and found that it may be the fuel pump.... Has anyone else had this problem.. If so what did u do to fixit?

How about bringing it to the dealer ?

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:34:53 PM »

Dakid0813,

I would have to agree that your best bet would be to contact your local dealer for more assistance if you have not already done so. Keep me posted and feel free to reach out if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Dakid0813

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »

I dropped it off at the dealer ,lynch superstore, in Burlington wi. They tested it and said they think the hp fuel pump is bad and leaking gas into the engine. They also think there is something wrong with the timing. They didn't know if it was covered under the power train warrantee yet. Hopefully it is covered
Dakid0813

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »

Just got a call from the dealership. They need to change the fuel pump out along with the throttle box. After that they will see if the timing chain is still making noise. If it is they will have to repair that. The pump is covered under warrantee but not the throttle box. It will cost $385 plus an oil change and  flushing the injectors. Total cost out of pocket so far is appx $500
rbarrios
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »

throttle body you mean?

2013 Equinox  LT1 3.6L V6 FWD -   23,000
2010 Traverse LT1 3.6L V6 FWD -  80,000
2003 Trailblazer LS  4.2L I6 RWD- 173,000
Dakid0813

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »

Yes throttle body. Now they want to repair the timing chain which is covered with the warrantee, so I should get it back in a few days. I'll keep you posted.
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »

Yes throttle body. Now they want to repair the timing chain which is covered with the warrantee, so I should get it back in a few days. I'll keep you posted.

KEEP ALL YOUR PAPERWORK ON THESE REPAIRS  Check your oil often every time its low take it to the dealer and let them record it  Just had my engine replaced at 21000 miles for excessive oil consumption   

GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »

Thanks for the update Dakid0813. Let me know if you need anything.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Dakid0813

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »

thanks fourmoremarine i will do that. Got the car back runs quiter , no more ticking, the final bill for the non covered  work was $555.31. that included throttle body replacement, injector cleaning , oil change, and som other minor things. If all works fine i must say I am satisfied with the work done at Lynch Superstore in burlington Wi.
Dakid0813

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »

After 2 weeks all seems fine. The only bad thing is I get poorer fuel mileage. It went from 31 mpg to 27 mpg
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 07:47:04 AM »

After 2 weeks all seems fine. The only bad thing is I get poorer fuel mileage. It went from 31 mpg to 27 mpg
could be the weather  JMO

lexani22s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »

We purchased this equinox used about a year ago. After a month I noticed that the engine ticked a lot.  Now about a year later the engine warning light came on , it was down 2 QStack of oil. Had the oil changed and everything was fine but it still ticked. About 2 weeks after the oil change the warning light came on along with the stabilitrac light. The next time istartedit all lights were off and it ran fine. Last night on the way home the both lights came back on and the engine went into a reduced power mode. I was able to get home but had no power. I look up similar problems and found that it may be the fuel pump.... Has anyone else had this problem.. If so what did u do to fixit?

hi there i have a 2010 gmc terrain slt 3.0 same problem but its not the fuel pump...i just ordered a new throttle body hopefully that solves the problem...by theway i also have 146000kms
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: