TerrainForum.net Bookmark and Share
October 21, 2014, 06:27:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Equinox  (Read 24769 times)
roho

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »

Motortrend is reporting the Mark III Equinox launches in 2014 as a 2015.  It will use the Delta platform same as Cruize/Volt uses.  A plug in Hybrid will be offered!

Can't wait to see this.   
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »

It is the Delta II platform. Not to get picky but there is a great difference in the two.

The next Nox will be smaller and lighter but still may be close in interior room. Look for no V6 but we should see a 1.4 Turbo and the new 2.5 4 cylinder.

MPG should go up and it should be a good vehicle. GM will be shifting the the SUV's in size in their next changes. The Traverse will be next. 
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

So I guess for 2013-14 models maybe some minor upgrades, til the complete change of the 2015 model. I remember reading in the news back in Nov 2011 about the 2015 being built at the US Tennessee plant and adding more jobs, so that's good!

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
Nutz1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »

D2XX platform?

2011 Nox 1LT 2.4L FWD / Mocha Steel / Jet Black / premium sound / driver conv. package.
DIY Mods: OEM foglights, 2" hitch, roofrack, dynamat in front doors, OEM splash guards, OEM footwell lamps
SonoGal12

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »

facepalm NO V6 option?! That was my must-have, not budging option...
Oh well, guess I'll just keep mine running forever.  Grin

2012 Chevrolet Equinox
LT V6 AWD
Black Granite Metallic
Drove it off the lot 6/3/2012 with only 25 miles and I did 18 of those on the test drive.
cottonseed

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »

facepalm NO V6 option?! That was my must-have, not budging option...
Oh well, guess I'll just keep mine running forever.  Grin

unless you tow there is no need for the v6.  0-60 times are almost identical between the 4 and 6

2010 Nox LT
Cardinal Red / Jet Black
I4 AWD
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »

Well we already know the changes for 2013 and I would not expect much for 2014 since the 2015 will be out in 3rd quarter 2014.

Do not discount the loss of the V6. I own a V6 Terrain now and would not want anything else in a 4000 pound vehivcle. Now the Delta II will lose a lot of weight. The HHR was based on the Delta I and came in at 3200 pounds. The 4 does well and my HHR with the Turbo 4 will run with some of the best performance cars there are. What we will get will perform as well or better than the present V6 and get better MPG.

The new car will be a little smaller but I suspect the interior will be better done to provide as much or more usable room. Others in this segment that are smaller have bettue cargo room and GM will adress it.

The new Nox and Terrain will move to be more Escape/CRV like. The GMC will still keep it's special look and be more SUV truck looking.
SonoGal12

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »

unless you tow there is no need for the v6.  0-60 times are almost identical between the 4 and 6

Ah, but I've had experiences with their Eco 4 cylinder engines before and I definitely didn't want to repeat it.  Cool

2012 Chevrolet Equinox
LT V6 AWD
Black Granite Metallic
Drove it off the lot 6/3/2012 with only 25 miles and I did 18 of those on the test drive.
cottonseed

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »

Ah, but I've had experiences with their Eco 4 cylinder engines before and I definitely didn't want to repeat it.  Cool

Agreed, I know Im not going to repeat it also.

2010 Nox LT
Cardinal Red / Jet Black
I4 AWD
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 04:06:19 AM »

Guys you also need to factor in the Eco this one will get is not the same one but the Gen two with more power, Torx in a lighter vehicle. It should do fine for most buyer and I expect it to perfrom as well as the present V6 in all areas.

Lets just see what they come up with before we write it off. There is a lot to learn before we compare old product as new.
EquinoxFF1063

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »

Why even bother dressing up for a new 2015? Equinox when GM's investing the real money for the overseas customers.  The Trailbalzer even has two Duramax diesel options !  With priorities for other markets, I feel GM is offering some outdated products to what was once their biggest marketplace, another example is their Silverado/Sierra HD line.

2012 Equinox 1LT FWD I4
SonoGal12

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »

In general across all markets and genres, it seems like when a company comes up with something "new", it's going to have problems and potentially a lot of them. Do I want to be one of their guinea pigs for 28k of my hard earned money... hell no. So, I went with the option that was tried and tested. Besides my personal experiences with a "new" engine technology, I had several talks with the mechanics in my family and circle of friends about the issue. Again, it wasn't about horsepower -although I love that part- it was about reliability and, who knows, maybe a few years down the road I will need the towing capacity. Either way, I'm happy with my choice.  Smiley But to each their own.  thumbs up

2012 Chevrolet Equinox
LT V6 AWD
Black Granite Metallic
Nutz1

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »

In general across all markets and genres, it seems like when a company comes up with something "new", it's going to have problems and potentially a lot of them. Do I want to be one of their guinea pigs for 28k of my hard earned money... hell no. So, I went with the option that was tried and tested. Besides my personal experiences with a "new" engine technology, I had several talks with the mechanics in my family and circle of friends about the issue. Again, it wasn't about horsepower -although I love that part- it was about reliability and, who knows, maybe a few years down the road I will need the towing capacity. Either way, I'm happy with my choice.  Smiley But to each their own.  thumbs up

What do you mean by "new"?  What new engine technology are you talking about?

2011 Nox 1LT 2.4L FWD / Mocha Steel / Jet Black / premium sound / driver conv. package.
DIY Mods: OEM foglights, 2" hitch, roofrack, dynamat in front doors, OEM splash guards, OEM footwell lamps
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »

Why even bother dressing up for a new 2015? Equinox when GM's investing the real money for the overseas customers.  The Trailbalzer even has two Duramax diesel options !  With priorities for other markets, I feel GM is offering some outdated products to what was once their biggest marketplace, another example is their Silverado/Sierra HD line.

First off I would keep an eye open for this one to come here at some point. GM said the Colorado was not coming when they were testing them in Death Valley for here.

Second it is true GM is doing the intro on many cars overseas first to one sort the cars out. The American market is very unforgiving for any issues from the big three and they need to have them right. China on the other hand is just happy to have a car and compared to the cars they sell just a few issues on a Cruze or Sonic are nothing to them.

As for the Diesel they will come but between the emissions, cost  and the lack of customer demand in this market it is still going to be a hard sell. It is a hard sell here in America to sell a diesel unless it is a one ton truck. We will get them but they will be marketed carefully to make sure they sell.
EquinoxFF1063

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »

The overseas Chevy Cruze diesel is rated at 60 MPG (US) HWY, while we're still fussing over a sometimes problematic 2.4 ltr just to get 30 MPG.
Fuel prices are killing me, last week was a $73 fill up.  I'll take a new diesel for the hi mpg's, but I realize (and so does GM) that they are not for everyone, just would like to see it offered here.

2012 Equinox 1LT FWD I4
Nutz1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »

The overseas Chevy Cruze diesel is rated at 60 MPG (US) HWY, while we're still fussing over a sometimes problematic 2.4 ltr just to get 30 MPG.
Fuel prices are killing me, last week was a $73 fill up.  I'll take a new diesel for the hi mpg's, but I realize (and so does GM) that they are not for everyone, just would like to see it offered here.

You can't compare overseas diesels to what you could potentially buy here.  The difference in emissions control requirements has a huge impact of fuel economy.

Personally, I believe GM will follow something like Ford has done with the new Escape.  Shrink it a bit, all 4-cylinder engines, turbos on the top end to match or exceed V6 power.  I would love something like the 1.6L or 2.0L twin turbo in an equinox.

hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 05:56:16 AM »

Diesels outside large trucks is a hard sell here. Americans do not for the most understand modern Diesels or like Diesels.

Also the emissions are more and more difficult and Expensive to deal with on Diesels.

Most modern small 4 cylinders even in base form are now more powerful than many V8 engines 20 years ago. The new Eco is todays Small Block Chevy as it will be sold in numbers as great or greater than the SBC was years ago. THis is why GM just invested Billions to update it even more.

I expect as 1.4 Turbo and a 2.5 Eco but GM is not doing a twin Turbo 4 as it is not needed. My Eco Turbo now with a single turbo has little lag and 300 HP.

Now there is a twin Turbo V6 coming and we will see it soon. It could be interesting to see what we get there as GM showed 425 HP with one in a show car.
Dawgdaes

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »

So does this mean there will a 2015 Volt style Nox?  If yes where do I go to put my money down?

2013 LTZ, V6, AWD, Summit White

2012 2LT, AWD, I4, NAV, Power lift gate, Jet Black, Twilight Blue. - totaled with 23,000 miles by hit and run driver 

Traded @ 33,000 Miles - 2010 2LT, FWD, I4, NAV, Power lift gate, Titanium, Cardinal Red
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

Fuel prices are killing me, last week was a $73 fill up.  I'll take a new diesel for the hi mpg's, but I realize (and so does GM) that they are not for everyone, just would like to see it offered here.

Chevrolet confirmed it will add a diesel variant to the Cruze lineup in North America in calendar year 2013.  Diesel versions of the Cruze are currently being sold in Europe.

The diesel will bolster the already fuel-efficient Cruze lineup. Cruze Eco with a standard six-speed manual transmission is the most fuel-efficient gas-powered/non-hybrid vehicle in America, with an EPA-rated 42 mpg on the highway. Additional details on the Cruze diesel for North American markets will be released at a later date.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »

Yes the Cruze is the first main push for more Diesels. This is where GM hopes to create demans for this market with a proven good package.

The unknown is that GM still has to do a hell of a marketing job on these as Americans are not known to like or understand the modern diesels.

If the Cruze makes a good showing look for other diesels to spead fast if they prove popular.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: