GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2010 equinox warning lights and reduced engine power

24K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  lexani22s 
#1 ·
We purchased this equinox used about a year ago. After a month I noticed that the engine ticked a lot. Now about a year later the engine warning light came on , it was down 2 QStack of oil. Had the oil changed and everything was fine but it still ticked. About 2 weeks after the oil change the warning light came on along with the stabilitrac light. The next time istartedit all lights were off and it ran fine. Last night on the way home the both lights came back on and the engine went into a reduced power mode. I was able to get home but had no power. I look up similar problems and found that it may be the fuel pump.... Has anyone else had this problem.. If so what did u do to fixit?

#2 ·
Dakid0813 said:
We purchased this equinox used about a year ago. After a month I noticed that the engine ticked a lot. Now about a year later the engine warning light came on , it was down 2 QStack of oil. Had the oil changed and everything was fine but it still ticked. About 2 weeks after the oil change the warning light came on along with the stabilitrac light. The next time istartedit all lights were off and it ran fine. Last night on the way home the both lights came back on and the engine went into a reduced power mode. I was able to get home but had no power. I look up similar problems and found that it may be the fuel pump.... Has anyone else had this problem.. If so what did u do to fixit?
How about bringing it to the dealer ?

#4 ·
I dropped it off at the dealer ,lynch superstore, in Burlington wi. They tested it and said they think the hp fuel pump is bad and leaking gas into the engine. They also think there is something wrong with the timing. They didn't know if it was covered under the power train warrantee yet. Hopefully it is covered

#5 ·
Just got a call from the dealership. They need to change the fuel pump out along with the throttle box. After that they will see if the timing chain is still making noise. If it is they will have to repair that. The pump is covered under warrantee but not the throttle box. It will cost $385 plus an oil change and flushing the injectors. Total cost out of pocket so far is appx $500

#8 ·
Dakid0813 said:
Yes throttle body. Now they want to repair the timing chain which is covered with the warrantee, so I should get it back in a few days. I'll keep you posted.
KEEP ALL YOUR PAPERWORK ON THESE REPAIRS Check your oil often every time its low take it to the dealer and let them record it Just had my engine replaced at 21000 miles for excessive oil consumption

#10 ·
thanks fourmoremarine i will do that. Got the car back runs quiter , no more ticking, the final bill for the non covered work was $555.31. that included throttle body replacement, injector cleaning , oil change, and som other minor things. If all works fine i must say I am satisfied with the work done at Lynch Superstore in burlington Wi.

#13 ·
Dakid0813 said:
hi there i have a 2010 gmc terrain slt 3.0 same problem but its not the fuel pump...i just ordered a new throttle body hopefully that solves the problem...by theway i also have 146000kms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.