Originally Posted by gasman
Just bought my terrain in for the second time to have the clock and gps fixed. The service rep said they just got new software in to correct the problem and showed me the bulletin. just some f.y.i. Thanks. I have the 6 cylinder terrain loaded.
Are you talking about this one...which has been out for about 6 months now?
#PI0285: Inconsistent Rear Back-Up Camera Operation, Bluetooth Delay, Intermittent Audio Concerns, Blank DVD Display, Various Additional Navigation Radio/Clock Concerns - (Nov 4, 2010)
Subject: Inconsistent Rear Back-Up Camera Operation, Bluetooth Delay, Intermittent Audio Concerns, Blank DVD Display and Various Additional Navigation Radio/Clock Concerns
2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse
2011 Buick Regal
2010-2011 Cadillac SRX
2010-2011 Chevrolet Equinox
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
2010-2011 GMC Terrain
All with Navigation Radio RPO UYS
Attention: This bulletin addresses many customer concerns with one convenient software update. Additional user enhancements are part of this update and are outlined below.
Customers may comment on any of the following concerns:
• Intermittent rear camera image not displayed, but the guidelines and "Check surroundings for safety" text is displayed.
• Rear Camera Always ON.
• Rear Camera Fuzzy Display - Wavy lines on rear camera and MAP image. Also MAP and Rear camera image together on screen HMI at same time.
• Buick off-screen display does not match IPC color.
• Choppy audio playback from the hard disc drive for a few seconds, one to two minutes after start up.
• Previous route shown on start up, no guidance provided.
• "Unknown Mode" displayed when using an iPod.
• Rear park assist icons will be displayed when audible tone is heard (2010 SRX and 2010 late build LaCrosse only).
• "UPA Symbols Unavailable" message displayed immediately following a reverse to drive transition.
• The clock may reset to 12:00.
• The clock is inaccurate.
• Unable to adjust the hour and/or minutes on the clock.
• Location resets to Washington DC every ignition cycle (corrected once GPS signal is received).
• Last audio source is lost after ignition cycle-Defaults back to FM preset (For example-user was listening to CD. Turned off vehicle and waited 10 minutes. Turned on vehicle and now FM playing).
• "I Agree" screen is displayed every ignition cycle.
• Addresses that have been entered into the radio can be deleted temporarily from the list. After the vehicle sits for about 10 minutes, the addresses have reappeared in the radio.
• Navigation guidance pauses during active route guidance. XM Traffic and Weather data are unavailable during this occurrence.
• DC charger interference causing no audio condition on start up.
• UPA symbol menu selection displayed for vehicles built without RPO UD7 (2010 LaCrosse only).
• Difficultly making appropriate menu selections to return to previous screen. (A Back button is added to many screens, and the CONFIG menu selections are displayed in list form with this software update).
• Blank display with DVD video as active source during start up.
• Audio source reverts to USB/iPod during start up.
• Address displayed on the navigation display does not match the address that was given to the OnStar advisor.
• No extended XM Weather data displayed if the user selected date is advanced beyond the current date.
• Radio presets are erased after programming any module on the vehicle.
• XM traffic prompt may not contain the ‘s’ for miles prompting.
• Different distances displayed on the IPC and navigation display when in metric mode.
• Rear seat audio or rear seat entertainment system does not turn off when the radio is turned off.
• Scanning XM displayed on every start up.
• 1-2 second hesitation when using voice recognition for Bluetooth phone functions.
• HVAC pop-up does not expire.
• XM list resets to the top without user action - occurs when user turns off an XM category.
• Display goes up without user action in key off and door closed. (SRX specific concern)
Software interaction with other vehicle systems may intermittently cause any of the above conditions.